Traditional lead-acid batteries used to be the most important power batteries, but due to pollution and performance deficiencies, they are not only being replaced by the rising lithium-ion batteries, but also may be surpassed by fuel cells. Lead-acid batteries have lower specific energy, larger overall mass and volume required for new energy vehicle weight, shorter driving time for one charge, shorter service life and higher later use cost. Electric lithium battery spot welding machine and automatic lithium battery spot welding machine run counter to the concept of new energy vehicle because of pollution.
In terms of major features, at present, lithium batteries are widely used in mobile phones, computers and other equipment. Although new energy vehicles are useful, they are not as important and widely used as in small-scale applications. Corresponding to lithium-ion batteries, or even complementary to them, fuel cells seem to be born naturally for electric/hybrid vehicles. So for electric vehicles, should lithium batteries or fuel cells be chosen? Here we still need to compare the main parameters of them to illustrate.
1. Cost: High cost and complex hydrogen production process are the main obstacles to the development of fuel cells. The production cost of lithium-ion batteries is relatively low. In addition, the rechargeability of lithium-ion batteries is very convenient. Compared with other portable energy sources, the cost-effectiveness of lithium-ion batteries is higher.
2. Environmental protection: Both of them have little impact on the environment. The discharge product of combustion battery is water, electric spot welding machine and automatic spot welding machine will not produce greenhouse gases after gasoline/diesel combustion. The discharge products of lithium ion batteries may be lithium oxide, lithium hydroxide, etc., which will not affect the environment. In addition, lithium-ion batteries can be reused.
3. Reaction materials: Fuel cells use polymer membranes as electrodes to support hydrogen-oxygen reactions and generate electricity. Polymer membranes must undergo special processing to withstand high temperature and mechanical stresses. Lithium-ion batteries store or release electricity by adsorbing charges on lithium ions. Lithium ion is an ideal automotive power battery because of its light weight.
4. Potential: If the cost of fuel cells can be reduced, they can really be used as alternative energy sources for gasoline/diesel fuels. If the energy density of lithium battery can be further improved and the cycle life can be longer, it is also an excellent driving energy.
5. Realistic challenges: For fuel cells, there are still many technical problems to be solved. However, the development of lithium-ion batteries is facing the problem that the charging infrastructure is generally low.
Although fuel cells and lithium batteries have different advantages and disadvantages as power batteries, they are ideal vehicle batteries. In the current vehicle energy storage facilities, they can be regarded as two complementary power sources.